Due to limited venue capacity, this is an adult-only wedding & we ask that only invited guests over age 21 attend. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note that the Hummingbird House is a non-smoking venue.
Location & Directions
The ceremony and reception will both take place at the Hummingbird House, which is about 13 miles south of downtown Austin in Manchaca, Texas.
Address: 12805 Arroyo Doble Drive, Manchaca TX, 78652
There are a number of hotel options near the venue, to the north (Austin) and to the south (Buda). We have provided some recommendations below. We recommend booking your accommodations as early as possible, as there is a home UT football game that weekend and rooms will fill up quickly.
Please note that several of the recommended hotels have a default 3pm check-in time. Guests arriving the day of the wedding may want to request an early check-in.
- Holiday Inn Express – 4 miles – Website – We have a room block reserved at this hotel. To reserve, please call 512-295-8040 and ask to book you with the “Schuh-Huffman” wedding code.
- Comfort Suites – 4 miles – Website
- America’s Best Value Inn – 4 miles – Website
- Hampton Inn & Suites – 5 miles – Website
- Microtel Inn & Suites – 5 miles – Website
- Holiday Inn Express – 9 miles – Website
- Springhill Suites – 10 miles – Website
- Omni Austin Southpark – 10 miles – Website
- Hilton Austin – 14 miles – Website
- Hyatt Regency Austin – 14 miles – Website
- Embassy Suites Hotel – 14 miles – Website
- Sheraton Austin – 14 miles – Website
In addition to hotels, Airbnb may be a good option for larger groups looking to rent out a house or condo. – Airbnb Website
Wedding Day Schedule
The ceremony will begin at 4:30pm. We request that guests arrive by 4:00pm to ensure that everyone is seated on time.
- 4:00 PM – Guest Arrival & Seating
- 4:30 PM – Wedding Ceremony
- 5:00 PM – Cocktail Hour
- 6:00 PM – Dinner & Reception
The recommended attire is semi-formal to formal. The venue is outdoors with an indoor pavilion, so shoes that can be worn outdoors are recommended.
Parking & Transportation
There will be parking available at the wedding venue, however there are a limited number of total spots. We encourage our guests to carpool to the venue if possible.
For a discount on your ride with Fasten, use promo code: CH2632
Our Favorite Spots in Austin
We want to share with our guests different spots around Austin that are fun, hip, and unique! If you’re visiting from out of town, be sure to stop at a few of these places.
- Salt Lick – Still Chris’ all-time favorite with the combination of BYOB, delicious BBQ and great Texas weather. Cash only.
- Franklin’s BBQ – Rated #1 BBQ in the nation by many sources, but be prepared for a 3+ hour wait!
- Kerlin’s BBQ – An amazing food truck that doesn’t have big crowds yet. You’ll want the brisket, ribs & blue cheese cole slaw.
- Matt’s El Rancho – Festive atmosphere & really good tex-mex. We recommend the chile rellenos.
- Trudy’s – Another tex-mex spot with multiple locations in town & famous for their Mexican Martinis.
- Magnolia Cafe – One more tex-mex recommendation. Do the South Congress location to check out the area afterwards.
- Juan in a Million – Very popular brunch spot famous for their “Don Juan Taco.” Expect a line in the mornings.
- Jinya – Gourmet ramen restaurant in a hip area (The Domain). Ask for our friends Ben & Tiffany who run the show!
- Lucy’s Fried Chicken – Name pretty much tells you what you need to know.
- Pluckers – For out-of-towners seeking wings, this is the place to go. Try the Goldrush flavor.
- Banger’s – This restaurant on Rainey Street has great gourmet hot dogs & very impressive beer collection.
- South Congress Cafe – Trendy brunch spot in the hip South Congress area.
- Blue Dahlia – This European Bistro is one of Megan’s favorites.
- Pieous – For good pizza in Megan’s hometown of Dripping Springs, head here.
- Trattoria Lisina – Beautiful Italian restaurant in the Austin Hill Country.
Coffee & Dessert
- Lick – Popular and delicious ice cream spot.
- Mozart’s – One of the best places in the city for coffee & dessert with waterside views.
- Halcyon – Cool place in downtown Austin. Be sure to get the s’mores.
Drinks & Nightlife
- Deep Eddy Vodka Distillery – Great flavored vodka cocktails with a nice patio in Dripping Springs. Open ’til 5pm Thu-Sun.
- Jester King Brewery – Chris’ new favorite brewery. Amazing outdoor atmosphere, huge beer selection & fresh pizza next door.
- Rainey Street – The trendy new place to go out, featuring renovated bungalow houses turned into bars.
- Sixth Street – World famous, but caters to a younger crowd. Check out West Sixth Street.
- Live Music – Austin is known for its live music, look for shows at Antone’s, Stubbs & others.
- Midnight Rodeo – For those looking for a Texas two-step experience (We’re looking at you Iowa folks).
- Town Lake – Rent a canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard. Just don’t fall in, water may be cold in November!
- Zilker Park & Greenbelt – These areas are worth checking out with plenty of room to hike, bike & explore.
- Natural Bridge Caverns – Closer to San Antonio, but if you head that way, this could be a fun afternoon stop.
- Bob Bullock Museum – Learn your Texas State History here.
- State Capitol – Tour or take pictures at the Texas Capitol building in downtown Austin.
- South Congress Shopping – Embrace “Keep Austin Weird” at trendy & eclectic shops in this part of town.
- Congress Bridge Bats – They’ll be gone by November, but come back next time to see the largest colony of bats at sunset.